Precautionary measures can temper the ravages of these destructive storms
Hurricanes. Just the thought of them can make a person tremble in fear. Whether you’ve experienced a hurricane yourself or you’ve just heard about their destructive patterns, these bad boys know how to make their name heard. The technical definition of a hurricane is a tropical cyclone with maximum sustained winds of at least 74 mph. A major hurricane is a tropical cyclone with maximum sustained winds of at least 111 mph. To put that into perspective, imagine sticking your head out the window of a car as you travel down the highway – that’s the speed of wind you would be up against during a low-scale hurricane. Sound scary? It is. By knowing your vulnerability and what actions to take, you may be able to reduce the effects of a hurricane disaster.
Hurricane season runs June 1 through November 30. Trueway wants to share some tips to ready your home and family prior to a severe storm, may it hit. It’s never too early to:
- Determine safe evacuation routes inland. Don’t forget about your pets!
- Learn the different warning signs and alerts to watch for.
- Meet with those you live with to create an emergency and evacuation plan.
- Learn locations of official shelters. Red Cross has a great resource that will help you locate shelter in the event of a disaster.
- Review your insurance policy with your agent. Is your property covered for such an event?
Whether the hurricane threats are immediate or they seem off in the distance, it’s important for all residents of hurricane areas to be prepared and think ahead. Hurricanes can shatter lives as well as damage property. Being prepared can help you, your family or your business minimize the impact of the storm. The best time to start is before the threat is imminent.
Stay safe through these storm seasons! Your safety is number one to us.
Call us today (855) 897-1938 to review your coverage or get a quote
When traveling in an RV, you may find it helpful to have a vehicle available for a run to the store or a short excursion without having to pack up all your gear and maneuver your rig through crowded city streets. Many experienced RV owners tow a car or truck for the convenience of having a more compact vehicle on hand. Here are the different options for towing and tips on how to do so safely.
Four Wheels Down ( Dinghy Towing or Flat Towing)
This is the most popular method for towing a vehicle behind an RV, which involves attaching a tow bar and letting your vehicle roll behind the RV on its own four tires. Benefits of this method include minimal, if any, impact on the gas mileage, handling, and wear and tear of your RV; the equipment needed to attach a car by a tow bar is cheaper than purchasing a dolly or flatbed trailer; and you don’t need a separate trailer license. However, there are a few drawbacks. Not all vehicles are equipped to be towed on four wheels so check the owner’s manual, manufacturer’s guidelines and mechanical capabilities of your vehicle before investing in this option. In addition, though this shouldn’t add miles to your car’s odometer, it will cause wear on the car tires.
Two Wheels Down (Dolly Towing)
For this method of towing, a dolly attaches to the back of your RV and the vehicle rides with two tires up on the dolly and the other two tires down on the road. Any front-wheel-drive vehicle can be towed this way. Plus, you won’t damage your car’s transmission or increase mileage while it’s in motion. The downsides of this method is that a quality dolly trailer is expensive; you may need a separate license for the dolly; it could be difficult to store at a campsite; it puts wear on the two car tires that are down; and it adds weight to the capacity of your RV. If you’re thinking about choosing this option, calculate what the overall weight will be (before purchasing the dolly) to ensure your RV will be able to handle it.
Four Wheels Up (Flatbed Trailer)
The third option for towing a vehicle is with all wheels up on a flatbed trailer that’s attached to the RV. Any vehicle can go on a flatbed trailer as long as it can be secured and as long as the trailer is built to handle the weight of your specific vehicle. Before purchasing a trailer, decide what vehicle you’re going to bring with when traveling and then compare trailer options based on the amount of weight they can haul. Similar to dolly towing, the drive shaft is off the ground so you won’t rack up mileage. Also, with this method, your tires won’t endure any wear and tear. Disadvantages of four wheels up is you’ll have the extra cost of the trailer; you may run into storage issues at campgrounds; and the weight of a flatbed trailer will use up a lot of the weight your RV can carry.
Whichever method you choose, it’s important to take extra precautions when you tow a car behind an RV. Here are some basic safety guidelines to follow:
- Practice driving while towing the vehicle before you go on a long drive for the first time.
- Inspect all wire, cable and chain connections every time you make a stop.
- Obey the speed limits for towing in each state.
- Check for road construction and plan your route in advance.
- Avoid towing in deep sand and gravel, or in icy or snowy conditions.
- Keep a minimum five-second interval between you and the vehicle in front of you.
- Check your tire pressure often.
- Avoid tight turns as it puts pressure on the tow bar.
If you’re new to towing, hopefully this gives you a better idea of what method to choose for your next adventure. Have a safe and happy trip!
Call Trueway Insurance for your car insurance quotes today!
For most drivers, when they first received their driver’s license, they were probably astonished by how much they had to pay their insurance company- and they hadn’t even gotten into an accident yet! Most people can’t wait to turn 25 and have those high car insurance rates finally decrease. After all, it is quite a common perception that car insurance premiums are able to automatically go down for drivers at age 25. Unfortunately, there is no magic age cutoff that ends up in a drop in vehicle insurance rates. When it comes to the correlation between car insurance rates and age, it’s more of a gradual decline. The age curve will vary depending on the insurance company in question. Read on to learn more about how your car insurance rates may be impacted by your age as well as other factors. Trueway Insurance is a top provider of car insurance in the Palm Springs area. Call Trueway Insurance for your car insurance quotes today!
Policy Rates Vary
There are many factors that can have an impact on insurance policy rates. One factor that tends to impact insurance policy rates for all policyholders, but especially when they are younger, is whether an insurance score is factored into the cost. Certain insurance companies will not pull an insurance score for drivers who are teenage. A driver who is 25 years old, however, who has done some work to establish and improve his or her credit score- which ultimately is tied to their insurance score- may result in rewards as it relates to his or her car insurance premiums. Other factors that may have an effect on the insurance rates of young drivers include the year, make, and model of the vehicle; driving habits (such as the number of miles driven every year); the garaging location of the car; safe driving record; deductible; and how the vehicle is utilized. Young drivers who own homes or are married, moreover, may also qualify for car insurance discounts to provide additional savings on their car insurance quotes.
Age and Car Insurance Rates
There are many other factors, of course, other than age that can end up raising your car insurance premiums. One such factor that may drive your rates up is if your driving history has many traffic violations or accidents. Some other such factors is if the policyholder resides in a more population dense area, their credit score took a plunge, or if they added more drivers, which can all have the policyholder seeing higher premiums that have them paying more overall for collision coverage. This is why it’s important to remember that when it comes to car insurance, turning 25 is not the magical number that cuts down on your insurance premiums.
Contact Us Today
There are a variety of factors that can affect your car insurance rates, with age being one of them. Trueway Insurance is a top provider of car insurance in the Palm Springs area. Call Trueway Insurance for your car insurance quotes today!
If you come out of a restaurant or store to a dented or scuffed car, it can be a highly unpleasant feeling. There is a certain amount of safety for your car that is generally expected when one parks in public spaces. You may be wondering- did you park in an incorrect manner, or did the person not see the damage to your car? Did the culprit just drive away without a backwards glance? In any case, somebody still needs to pay for the damages. Read on to learn more about how to tell if it will be you or an auto insurance company that covers the damages if somebody hits your car in a parking lot. Trueway Insurance is a top provider of commercial auto insurance in Lake Worth. Call Trueway Insurance now for your insurance consultation!
What To Do
So what should you do in the situation that the other driver is still in the parking lot when you get back? Sometimes, people are responsible and wait for you to come back out to your car. If you are in this situation, try your best to calm down. The other driver is most likely embarrassed and as annoyed as you are. They probably didn’t have any idea that they were so close to hitting your vehicle. At least give them some credit that they stayed around to fess up! This is probably one of the best scenarios you could ask for. First, make sure to take down their first and last name, best contact number, license plate number, insurance company’s name and number, and auto insurance policy number. Next, immediately take some pictures of the damages, as in some states it may be mandated that police must come if the damages look to be over a certain amount to repair. Trueway Insurance, a top provider of commercial auto insurance, notes to be careful about taking cash or early settlements from the driver rather than going through insurance, as you don’t want to be stuck with a fixed amount of money if a repair shop says the damages are more severe than you initially thought.
Does Your Auto Insurance Cover It?
If the other driver isn’t there when you get back, then you should look for a note with the information that we just discussed above. If there isn’t a note, you may have to call the cops on a hit-and-run case. While the police are on the way, snap some photos of the damages and write down the most accurate account you can remember of when you left your car in the parking lot and then came back out to find the damages incurred. Make sure to take note of the placement of the car and the conditions of the parking lot. There are a few options when it comes to who is paying for the damage. If you have the other driver’s insurance information, then you may be able to file a claim through their carrier if they hit your car in a parking lot. Going through the other driver’s insurance may take longer than expected, so you can also file a claim through your car insurance to speed up the process. If the other driver isn’t insured, or if it was a hit-and-run, you can use uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage to take care of your vehicle.
Contact Us Today
There are different options to which auto insurance will cover damages incurred in a parking lot. Trueway Insurance is a top provider of commercial auto insurance in Lake Worth. Call Trueway Insurance today for your auto insurance needs!
What do you do if your mailbox is hit? Do you call your insurance company? Is it worth it to file a claim? Here at Trueway Insurance, we have all the information and answers you need. We consider ourselves one of the best house insurance companies in Palm Springs.
Questions to Consider
- Is it worth it to file a home insurance claim for my mailbox?
- Your deductible is the amount ‘you’ve agreed to pay on a home insurance claim before your policy starts paying the rest of the amount. So, if you have a simple aluminum mailbox attached to a metal pole, the cost to replace it probably ‘isn’t going to be more than your deductible. So, even if you filed a claim, ‘you’d end up paying the full amount to replace the mailbox.
- However, if you have a specialty mailbox, one ‘that’s made out of bricks, or one that is handcrafted and worth a high value, then it may be worth it to file a home insurance claim.
- Additionally, your mailbox may have been damaged as part of a larger incident (i.e. if a car crashed into your mailbox and then continued careening into your home), then your homeowner’s insurance may pay to replace your mailbox as a part of repairing the overall damages.
- Does my insurance cover if I hit my mailbox?
- We all make mistakes. So, ‘it’s not out of the realm of possibility that you were backing out of your driveway and got a little too close to your own mailbox. In that case, what do you do?
- If your car is damaged after hitting a mailbox, you may be able to repair your vehicle if you have collision coverage. Collision coverage is the part of your auto insurance that can help you repair or replace your car if you collide with something or vice versa. Keep in mind though, that collision coverage is only to help with repairs to a car, not the mailbox itself.
- You may also want to consider the amount of damage done to your car by hitting the mailbox. Similar to your home insurance deductible, ‘you’ll have to fulfill your car insurance deductible before your insurance company starts paying for damages. So, if you only have a few scuffs and scrapes or a small dent in your car, it may not be worth it to file a claim since the cost to repair the damages may be less than your deductible.
- ‘What’s the best way to replace my mailbox?
- So, ‘let’s say that you do decide to file a claim to have your mailbox replaced. ‘What’s the best way to go about it?
- Well, as with any type of property damage incident, ‘you’ll want to make sure that you have a receipt. Documentation of the cost of the mailbox and installation fees can help make sure that your home insurance company reimburses you for the right amount to replace it.
- If someone else hits your mailbox, make sure that you get a police report of the incident. This may help the claims process go more smoothly, but it may also help you find the culprit so that they can pay for the damages.
- Overall, a mailbox may not be high on the list of things you worry about as a homeowner. But it can help to know that you have the right coverage to handle any freak accidents that may happen to the smallest bits of your property.
We Are One of the Best House Insurance Companies
Looking for one of the most reliable and affordable insurance companies near me? Look no further. As an independent insurance agency, TrueWay Insurance takes pride in offering superior customer service. Let us assist you in finding the coverage for your car insurance, home insurance, and business insurance needs. We sell insurance anywhere in the state of Florida, including Miami, Broward, Palm Beach, and Lucie County.
We hope you find the information you need here but if not please give us a call at (561) 318-5540. Let TrueWay Insurance find the most competitive price for your insurance coverage in the Palm Beach County area, including Lake Worth, West Palm Beach, Greenacres, and Boynton Beach.
Call Us For Home Insurance Quotes
One of the best house insurance companies is here for your mailbox. Trueway Insurance is an insurance company located in Lake Worth. We offer the best affordable insurance in Palm Springs. This includes those looking for cheap home insurance. We are here to provide quality for our customers because we believe in the power that insurance can have in any ‘person’s life. If you are interested in learning more about what we can do for you or you have further questions regarding notaries and how they play a part in the insurance process, contact us. We hope you find the information you need here but if not please give us a call at (561) 318-5540. Take advantage of one of the best home insurance quotes today!