There are ways to ensure that your home never becomes victimized by fires. At Trueway Insurance we want to prepare you, that way you never have the burden of dealing with the extensive property damage that comes from flames. This is why we are one of the best insurance companies in Lake Worth. We truly care. Our affordable insurance will get you back on your feet and in a safe home in no time!
Safeguard Your House
Your home is your sanctuary, and it is the place where you should feel the safest. That is why house fires can have such an emotional impact. In seconds, all your memories, valuables, and property can be destroyed. They put the safety of the people you love at risk and can destroy a lifetime of memories in mere moments. Preventing fires is easier than you might think, and taking simple precautions can protect you and your family.
Get Started With The Best Insurance Companies
Check out these eight easy tips to get started on how to avoid house fires:
- Install smoke detectors. Installing alarms in your home is not only required by law, it’s also your first line of defense against a fire. Alarms should be mounted on every floor and maintained regularly. Don’t forget to:
- Test your alarm monthly
- Vacuum each unit every six months
- Change the batteries twice a year
- Replace your alarms every ten years
- Keep it calm in the kitchen. Cooking is one of the leading causes of house fires. It only takes seconds for an unattended pan to spatter grease or overheat and ignite materials around it. Keep your kitchen safe by staying on task, rolling up your sleeves, using lids to avoid splatters, and turning pot handles inward while cooking. Learn some more ways to avoid cooking-related fires and how to put out a kitchen fire once it starts.
- Take it outside. Sadly, smoking is still one of the leading causes of house fire fatalities. If you’re a smoker, you can reduce your risk by smoking outside and placing your extinguished butts in a can of water or sand.
- Mind your appliances. Faulty outlets and old wiring are the main cause of most electrical fires in homes. That’s why it’s important to replace worn cords and not overload outlets. Find out what else you can do to prevent electrical fires at home.
- Use your fireplace safely and never leave it unattended. When you light a fire, be sure to open the damper before lighting it and leave the flue open. Keep embers off floors and rugs by using a fireplace screen, and always have a professional clean and inspect your chimney annually. You should also take these important steps to protect your family and home when you use your fireplace.
- Be a proactive homeowner. Look for trouble spots by walking around your home and property, and fix potential hazards. Don’t let flammable materials like newspaper accumulate, use the proper wattage bulbs in lights, and don’t store fuels inside your home.
- Practice your evacuation plan. In the 1970s, people generally had, on average, 17 minutes to escape a house fire. Now, it’s less than 3 minutes thanks to new, highly flammable fabrics and raw materials used in household furniture. That’s why it’s vitally important to have a family escape plan in place. Draw one up today, get your family involved, and practice, practice, practice!
- Have your extinguisher ready. Sometimes a fire breaks out despite your best efforts to prevent it, and a fire extinguisher can be a great way to put out the flames and prevent them from spreading through your home. To make sure your fire extinguisher is ready to use when you need it, remember to check the pressure gauge monthly, recharge your extinguisher when needed, give it a little shake once in a while to prevent the chemicals from solidifying, and replace it when it hits its expiry date.
Call Us Today!
Trueway Insurance is an insurance company located in Lake Worth. We offer the best affordable insurance in Florida. This includes those looking for cheap home insurance. We are here to provide quality for our customers because we believe in the power that insurance can have in any person’s life. If you are interested in learning more about what we can do for you or you have further questions regarding notaries and how they play a part in the insurance process, contact us. We hope you find the information you need here but if not please give us a call at (561) 318-5540. Take advantage of one of the best insurance companies today!