We are nearing the end of , and the heat is quickly rising. What else does that mean for the state of Florida? It means that hurricane season is quickly approaching. At Trueway Insurance, our experts are here to make sure you are prepared for the worse this storm season. We take pride in being one of the best insurance companies near me. Also, be sure to check out the best car insurance quotes in Lake Worth.
Buckle Up, It May Be A Bumpy Ride
Hurricane season begins June 1 and is just around the corner. The date is marked as the official return of the disastrous Atlantic hurricane season when emergency officials pleas for us to start preparing for the season. You still have time to initiate those tasks such as trimming trees nearby your home, installing hurricanes shutters, roof repairing, etc. There are however several other things a homeowner should do, so what are you waiting for? Start your preparations today.
Prepare With One of the Best Insurance Companies Near Me
- Make a plan
- Making a plan before the storm hits you, helps to deal with it strongly and allow you to evacuate early enough. One should plan on how to shelter during the storm and have a few alternate routes. Plan for the period afterward, suppose if things go wrong or storm is severe than anticipated then what actions you can take to deal with the situation. Make the plan ahead and make sure your spouse, kids, and other family members in your home know it.
- Get a kit! Buy all necessary items for your emergency preparedness kit. Have the alternative light, power sources, right equipment & materials when there is an outage:
- Protecting glass windows and doors
- If you live in a flood-prone area, authorities recommend protecting your doors and glass windows nailing plywood boards across windows to prevent damage. Have a first AID kit ready. There are also smartphone apps like Red Cross Hurricane App that provides weather information time to time and a range of different services which you should download to stay updated.
- Stay Connected! If you’re informed, you will take early steps to protect your family in an emergency. Subscribe to Emergency Updates.
- Stock up on basic supplies
- Stocking up basic food supplies is an essential part of the hurricane preparedness. You cannot get food available during a storm so authorities recommend establishing at least 3 days supply of drinking water and non-perishable food. Eatables that can be stocked include canned vegetables, canned meats, canned juice, dried fruits, peanut butter, energy/protein bars, cookies dry cereal, jelly, salt-free crackers, trail mix/nuts, or other comfort food.
- Other helpful tips
- Check your homeowner’s insurance policy in Florida. Whether your premium is paid and up-to-date.
- Learn what your homeowner’s policy does and does not cover.
- Take pictures of your household goods, record videos or have written a list beforehand.
- Keep a waterproof file for protecting your insurance documents.
- Fill up your car with gas.
- Have some extra cash available.
- Make a checklist of all your personal items, so it can be found easily when you need it.
- After the storm
- The danger isn’t yet over. Even after the storm has passed on, you need to stay away from broken wires near power poles.
- Don’t travel unless there is an emergency.
- Be careful of passing under the trees that have been weakened by storm winds.
- If you have evacuated to a shelter, be sure local officials has considered that areas safe.
We Also Offer Car Insurance Quotes
Dealing with a hurricane can be very terrifying, especially if you are not prepared. At Trueway Insurance, we are here to make sure that you have all the information you need to keep you and your family sage. We take pride in being one of the best insurance companies near me. Call our insurance professionals today for all the latest details and information on car insurance quotes. We are located in Lake Worth